UBP Newsletters & Legislative Reports
Pennsylvania Bowhunting News is provided monthly as a supplement newsletter to the Pennsylvania Bowhunting quarterly magazine publication.
At the United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania, we are dedicated to our mission to the Preserve, Promote, and Protect bowhunting opportunities in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. We support game management based on sound biological principles and a "resource first" philosophy. The UBP was founded in the spring of 1985 by a group of dedicated bowhunters who desired to unite all of Pennsylvania's bowhunters into one organization with a mission to fight the growing anti-hunting movement. Now the UBP is the longest-lasting and most influential bowhunting organization in the Commonwealth.
To contact the Pennsylvania Game Commission, please go to: PA GAME COMMISSION
To contact your local Legislative & Regulatory Representatives and Senators, please go to: FIND YOUR LEGISLATOR - PENNSYLVANIA GENERAL ASSEMBLY
To contact our Legislative Director Wes Waldron directly, please complete the form below and click submit to express your concern(s) and submit your question or query.
You may scroll over and click each publication to view the entire document. The UBP wants to hear from our members not only on legislative concerns and issues that directly affect bowhunting rights and opportunities in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, but also all other legislative concerns and issues of our membership.
INVITATION TO SPORTSMEN
Thursday, September 6, 2018
6-8 p.m. (doors open at 5:30 p.m.)
Wellsboro Fireman’s Annex
East Avenue, Wellsboro
Recently elected to fulfill the term of retired District 68 State Representative Matt Baker, Representative Clint Owlett is issuing the following invitation to area hunters and landowners in his district covering parts of Bradford, Potter, and Tioga counties. All are encouraged to join him for an evening of information about the Pennsylvania Game Commission and what it is doing to preserve our wildlife.
Expert-led presentations will include:
• Land Manager Rodney Mee: The power and effects of a controlled burn.
• State Game Warden Rob Minnich: How to present yourself when approached by a state game warden.
• Information and Education Supervisor Mike Steingraber: Chronic wasting disease and how it is affecting the deer population.
• PA Game Commission District 4 Board Member Charlie Fox,The future of the Pennsylvania Game Commission.
Guest speakers also will answer questions from attendees.
Refreshments will be provided. Those planning to attend are asked to RSVP online at RepOwlett.com or call (570) 724-1390. Seating is limited.
2018-19 PA GAME COMMISSION LICENSES/PERMITS ARE SET FOR SALE ON JUNE 18, 2018!
Read more about it here: PA GAME COMMISSION 2018-2019 LICENSES/PERMITS
Please see the PA Game Commission Anterless Deer License Application Schedule to the right.
* * * IF YOU PURCHASED A SPECIAL SPRING TURKEY LICENSE FOR THE 2018 SPRING SEASON, AND YOU HAVE NOT REPORTED YOUR SPRING TURKEY ACTIVITIES, THIS IS A REMINDER THAT REPORTING IS MANDATORY FOR ALL SPECIAL SPRING TURKEY LICENSES IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PENNSYLVANIA GAME COMMISSION, REGARDLESS OF HARVEST SUCCESS. THE DEADLINE TO REPORT IS JUNE 10, 2018. PLEASE CALL THE PENNSYLVANIA GAME COMMISSION AT 717-724-6971 FOR HARVEST REPORTING ASSISTANCE. * * *
GAME COMMISSION RELEASES DEER HARVEST REPORT
HARRISBURG, PA - Pennsylvania’s buck harvest increased 10 percent, and the overall deer harvest also was up 10 percent, in the state’s 2017-18 hunting seasons, which closed in January, the Pennsylvania Game Commission reported on 3/20/18.
Read more about it here: PA GAME COMMISSION 2017-2018 DEER HARVEST REPORT
SENATE BILL 1202 OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF PENNSYLVANIA
SENATE BILL 1202 OUTLINES AND DEFINES THE INSTITUTION OF SUNDAY HUNTING IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA. WE CALL UPON ALL UBP MEMBERSHIP, PA SPORTSMEN, AND ALL FELLOW PA HUNTERS TO CONTACT THEIR PA SENATOR(S) TO SUPPORT IN FAVOR OF SB 1202.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REVIEW SENATE BILL 1202 IN IT'S ENTIRETY: PENNSYLVANIA SENATE BILL NO. 1202